About Me

My photo
I love music, books, movies, blah, blah, blah! I love people, learning new things, and always progressing to be a better person.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Why I Think The T9 On My Cell Phone Hates Me.

This Is My Phone:
















This Is Me Trying To Use My Phone:


















I know what you are thinking, "Neil, that's you holding a book, not a cell phone."
Yeah...what's your point?

If you read my last post then you know that I hate talking on the phone. That is why I am a huge proponent of the text function on my cell phone, more specifically the T9 aspect of texting.
T9, stands for "Text on 9 keys," it is a patented predictive text technology (say that ten times fast) for cell phones, and in the last month or so my T9 has completely lost its shit!

The idea behind T9 is that when you are typing, your phone will predict the text you are going to write based off the words you use most...that is the idea...but that is not what my phone is doing. MY phone is making up words and replacing common words with nonsense.

For example:

On the left side I will write the word that I originally intended to use, and on the right side I will write what my T9 keeps changing it to.

What I wrote: = What T9 Changed It To:

The = Tif

do = 36

don't = foot

if = he

Script = Rapist

to = 86

too = Tom


So imagine my surprise when I type out a simple text to my girlfriend and it is changed into a whole new message.

Here is what the text was supposed to say:

Hey,

Do you know if we are still going to the movies today?
We don't have to if you don't want to.
Let me know before school is out so I know to buy the tickets or not.

Love you too,

Neil

What T9 Changed It To:

Hey,

36 you know he we are still going 86 Tif movies today?
We foot have 86 he you foot want 86.
Let me know before school is out so I can 86 buy Tif tickets or not.

Love you Tom,

Neil

Who in the Hell are Tom and Tif and why do their names appear before the words too and the?!?!?!

Here is another one that is potentially embarrassing:

Hey Josh,
Do you want to work on that script?

What T9 Changed It To:

Hey Josh,
36 you want 86 work on that Rapist?


Seriously? RAPIST?!?!?!?!?
I don't think it is too much to ask for a phone that doesn't need a symbologist to translate what I am trying to write?

The Samsung T819 phone is not bad for phone calls and web browsing to a very minimal amount...but its texting parameters are crap!

This is why I should buy an Iphone.

No comments: